“I’d care if you died.”
Teen Wolf AU: When Derek returns half-dead once again, Stiles thinks it’s about time someone told him he is the only one who doesn’t see how much he means to other people.
YA LITERATURE MEME quotes [1/9] » the raven boys
“Adam had once told Gansey, ‘Rags to riches isn’t a story anyone wants to hear until after it’s done.’”
1. Don’t go out to lunch.
2. Don’t go online until lunch.
3. Don’t start writing your novel until you know your characters very, very well. What they’d do if they saw somebody shoplifting. What they were like at school. What shoes they wear. Spend days – weeks, months – being them until they thicken up and start to breathe. VS Pritchett said, “There’s no such thing as plot, only characters.” Once you know them well they’ll lead you into their stories. If you start too soon you won’t have a clue what they’re going to do and all is chaos.
4. However hopeless and inadequate you feel, leave that self behind. Psych yourself up until you’re confident that the world will be interested in what happens to your characters. Confidence is key.
5. Don’t “write”. “Writing” is about showing off, or imitating other writers. “Writing” mistakes solemnity for seriousness. Just write. Have courage, be truthful, be true to your characters.6. Don’t be daunted. Writing a novel is a huge adventure; when it’s going well it’s more fun than fun. When it stutters to a halt put it aside. Go for a swim, go for a walk, take a week off. Don’t panic or be afraid; you and your characters are in it together. Trust them to come to your rescue. Of course it’s a long haul, but you always knew that, didn’t you?
7. If a character stubbornly refuses to come alive, switch to the first person. Suddenly they’ll be speaking to you. Later you can change it back again if you need to.
8. I have to know the ending before I can begin. Map out as much as you need but don’t over-plot or you can constrict your characters. Let them change it as they go along.
9. You don’t have to know the ending.
10. In other words, you don’t have to listen to anyone’s advice. There are no rules to break. That’s the pleasure of it. Read The Paris Review interviews with writers – everyone has their own methods and if a novel is truly alive it will break all their rules too.
11. Discover the times when you’re most creative – mornings, nights, afternoons – and clear the time to work then. Many writers find the mornings are best, and the afternoons are only good for editorial corrections, or getting the washing done. Others can only work through the night, drunk.
12. Sort out your priorities. Don’t clean your home, other than as a displacement activity. There won’t be time. You’ll probably neglect your friends too, and even your personal hygiene. If you have children, however, try to keep them fed."
i made a makeup tutorial for all my fellow feminists out there bye
Anonymously message me (3) things you want to know about me.
Stiles: It’s like The freaking Shining over here. If two little twin girls come out of the woods start asking me to play with them forever and ever, I wouldn’t be surprised.
He can’t understand much of it at all. Only glimpses. Fragments of conversation. All of it terrifying. “We’ll have to cut deeper with him and the girl. - “Can their brains handle this?” - “This is so amazing, you know? The Flare is rooted inside him.” - “He might die.” - “Or worse, he might live.” He hears one last thing, finally something that doesn’t make him shiver in disgust or fright. “Or he and the others might save us. Save us all.” - The Scorch Trials
the most important thing i’ve learnt in all my years is that it is a terrible idea to drink from a cup while lying down
holy crap this woman is brilliant
[x] LoriAnn Costume Designs on Etsy
I…I think I’m in love.
…I don’t even Doctor Who, and this is one of the most gorgeous pieces of custom clothing I have ever seen.
because we’re going to meet jamie campbell bower at the london signing, we want to give him a book full of the urls of the people who love him
so reblog this post (likes wont count) and i’ll enter your url in a nice book and give it to him to show our love!
i’m buying the book tomorrow so i’ll post updates as i go!
YA LITERATURE MEME series or books [7/10] » the grisha trilogy
“Why can a Grisha posses but one amplifier? I will answer this question instead: What is infinite? The universe and the greed of men.”